Are you looking for exam fees for GRE in India in 2023? Then you are on the right page.
In many countries, including the United States, Canada, and others, the GRE is required for admission to graduate school. Most business and legal schools accept GRE scores, which ETS administers. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) tests a candidate’s capacity for critical thinking and quick decision-making under pressure. You’ll find here a complete timeline of all 2023 GRE test dates offered at various testing centres. We include the GRE exam fees in India, including rescheduling fees, changing testing locations, etc.
What is GRE?
Exam fees for GRE in India: GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination, one of India’s most widely taken standardized tests by students who plan to go abroad for graduate school. The Educational Testing Service (ETS), the GRE’s governing organization, is responsible for India’s test logistics. The cost of taking the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), the cost of registering for the GRE, the cost of taking the GRE in Indian rupees in the year 2023, and more will all be covered in this article.
Eligibility for the GRE in 2023
Eligibility requirements for the Graduate Record Examination 2023 are as follows.
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in any field.
- Anyone can take the GRE, regardless of age.
Different Categories of GRE Exams
Two distinct GRE exams exist:
- GRE General Test
- GRE Subject Test.
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test: examines analytical writing, verbal, and mathematical thinking and is universally recognized as the gold standard for students planning to study abroad. It’s possible to take the GRE General Test on a computer or paper.
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Subject Test: is designed to assess the test taker’s knowledge and skills in a specific academic area. It can be taken thrice yearly and covers four disciplines: mathematics, chemistry, physics, and psychology.
Exam Fees for GRE in India,
All taxes and fees are included in the base $228 ( Rs 18,874.73) price of the GRE General Exam and the base $150 cost of the GRE Subject Exam. There are also some extra fees for special handling requests.
Exam Fees for GRE for Home:
In light of the current pandemic, ETS, the GRE’s governing body, has introduced a test format called GRE at Home, which may be taken from the comfort of one’s own home. Participants will be happy to hear that the GRE home test fee of US $228 remains unchanged. It’s comparable to what you’d pay in a testing center to take the GRE. ETS has covered all the associated expenses to make the GRE available to more people at no additional cost.
Payment Options For Exam Fees for GRE in India
The exam fees for GRE can be paid using any of the following methods, as specified by ETS, the exam’s administrator.
- You can use a Credit or Debit Card (including AMEX, Diners Club, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, Rupay, UnionPay, and Visa).
- The E-Check Service by PayPal® (drawn against U.S. bank accounts only)
- In addition to money orders, certified checks, and vouchers, the candidate can use regular paper checks to make a payment. Remember, you must pay ETS-GRE (drawn against U.S. bank accounts only). When submitting a check payment
Registration for the GRE- 2023,
The following is a detailed description of how to complete the online application:
- You can access the GRE website at https://www.ets.org/gre.
- Make a new account with your email address and a secure password.
- After registering, candidates can access the website’s registration button upon logging in.
- When the page loads, look for test locations near you by selecting “GRE General Test” from the menu.
- Now, you can pick the time and day that works best for you.
- When you click “next,” a preview page will load, where you may make any necessary adjustments.
- Please provide the necessary details and proceed by clicking the “next” button.
- When you click the button, a window containing test preparation options will pop up, and from there, you may select the preparation you want and then either buy it or move on to the checkout process.
- To complete your purchase, simply enter your payment information and a discount code (if applicable) and click the “Pay Now” button.
- As soon as you click the button, a confirmation page will load with details, and You will get a confirmation email of the purchase.
GRE Special Handling Charges
Exam fees for GRE in India charge some special handling charges like
|Late Registration Fee $25(1,861.23)
|Standby Testing $25(1,861.23)
|Changing the Exam center $50(INR 3,722.47)
|Rescheduling fees for other countries $50(INR 3,722.47)
|GRE Subject Change Fee $50(INR 3,722.47)
GRE Reschedule Fee
Candidates who need to reschedule their registrations for the GRE General Test must do so no later than four days before the scheduled test date, or they will lose their GRE exam fee. If candidates need to reschedule their GRE exam, they will be charged a $50 Rescheduling fee. In addition, there is a $50 GRE Subject change fee for those who choose to switch their subject area during the GRE Subject Test.
Participants in the GRE who choose to take advantage of optional extras will be obliged to do so by contributing an additional price.
Cancellation Charge Exam fees for GRE in India
If you need to cancel your GRE General Test, you must do so at least four days before your scheduled test date to obtain a refund of 50% of your test price. Please note that all refunds will be issued as a credit to the original credit/debit card or bank account used to make the payment (no cash will be issued).
Score Reporting Fee for Exam fees for GRE in India
Registration for the GRE includes sending the candidate’s scores to four colleges or universities at no additional cost. If you want your GRE score sent to more than the default four schools, you can do so for an additional charge. Each person who receives a report of their GRE scores must pay $27.00. In Indian Rupees, the cost to have your GRE scores sent is roughly INR 2,009.69 (US $1 = INR74.45).
GRE Exam Location in India
The Graduate Record Examination is offered in the following locations:
Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Allahabad, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Cochin, Gandhinagar, Gwalior, Gurgaon, Vadodara, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Indore, Mumba, iNew Delhi, Nashik, Nizamabad, Pune, Patna, Trivandrum, Vijayawada.
GRE Exam Dates in 2023
There are no set times for taking the GRE. The student, on any convenient date, can take the GRE exam. The dates that are accessible vary amongst testing centers. Every 21 days, students are allowed to retake the GRE General Test.
The following is the syllabus for GRE General Test. Still, the exam fee for GRE is the same.
- Verbal Reasoning
- Modifiers and Parallelism
- Idioms and Idiomatic expressions
- Verb tense
- Pronoun Agreement
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Nouns, Adjectives, Pronouns
The GRE verbal Syllabus is further divided into three parts:
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Equivalence
- Text Completion
- Property and types of integer
- Lines and angles
- Descriptive statistics such as Median, Mean, Range, Mode, Percentiles, etc.
- Power and roots
- Interpret data based( graphs, circle graphs, scatter plots, etc.).
- Algebraic Expressions – Factoring and Simplifying
- Equations and inequalities
- Permutation and Combination
- Linear and Quadratic inequalities
- Number properties
- Polygon Venn Diagrams Linear Equations
- Three-dimensional figures
- Sets Theory
- Quadratic equations
- Exponents and Roots
- Area, Perimeter, Volume
- Word Problems
- Ratio and proportions
- Angle Measurements
- Speed, distance, and Time
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Arithmetic Operations
- Coordinate geometry
Analytical writing is divided into two categories:
- Analyse and Argument
- Analyze and Issue
GRE Subject Test Syllabus
The GRE syllabus for the subject test covers six subjects:
- English (Literature)
GRE Examination Pattern
You can appear for the GRE for both online and offline methods. The following is the GRE question pattern-
|No of Question
|No of Section
|3 hrs 45 mins
GRE Result 2023: Exam Fees for GRE
You can expect a result within 10–14 days after taking the test. You will receive your GRE results. After the exam is graded and scored out of 800, you will receive an email from ETS with the results. The score is valid for 5 years; if you are unhappy, you can retake the test under the same account.
Ans: Yes! Preparing for the GRE in eight weeks is not impossible if you make a good study plan and stick to it. You’ll need to work hard and be dedicated, and you’ll also need to be good at managing your time, but there’s no doubt that you can reach your goal score if you study for two months.
Ans: Every GRE Subject Test gives you a total score on a scale from 200 to 990 in 10-point steps. Each of the scales on the test takes up only a small part of the 200–990 score range.
Ans: If you need to apply by December, you should ideally take the GRE in October or even September. It will not only help you relax but also let you retake the test.
Ans: Even though the math questions on the GRE can be hard, they test a lower level of math than many other standardized tests. There are no questions about trigonometry or calculus on the GRE, so you don’t have to worry about how well you know those subjects.
Ans: You need to fill out and send in a GRE fee reduction request form, which you can find on the ETS website. You must follow the instructions and send ETS all the necessary documents. If you meet the eligibility requirements, ETS will send you a coupon. It will cut the fee to sign up for the GRE by 50%.