GMAT exam 2023 stands for Graduate Management Aptitude Test. Although, the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) will administer the GMAT exams. It is a global exam taken for admission of qualified applicants to MBA programs offered by top-class business schools in India and abroad. The GMAT exam 2023 in any case is used as a qualification for admission to a wide range of graduate management schools. Therefore, below you can find all about the GMAT exam 2023: structure, syllabus, requirements, fees, GMAT exam dates & more.
Structure of GMAT Exams
- There will be four sections to the exam: written evaluation, numeric abilities, reasoning capacity, and integrated thinking.
- Each section will have a time limit for the competitor to answer the questions.
- The total time for the test, including two breaks, is 3 hours and 30 minutes. However, the overall time for the test will be 3 hours and 7 minutes.
- Above all, the applicants should properly go through the GMAT syllabus 2023 to prepare for the GMAT exam.
- The GMAT exam 2023 syllabus has four sections: quantitative skill, verbal, assessment, integrated reasoning, and analytic writing evaluation.
- Above all, the Gmat exams have a maximum point total of 800.
- The GMAT is administered by the Graduate Management Aptitude Council (GMAC).
- Candidates from all over the world take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test to fulfill their dream of getting admission to the world’s best b schools.
Gmat 2023 Syllabus
The GMAT exams last three and a half hours with a highest of 800 points. Thus, the GMAT assesses a candidate’s aptitude across a variety of areas. Furthermore, the GMAT Program is split into four sections as follows:
- Analytical Writing Assessment- tests candidates’ capacity to think critically and explain their views in writing.
- Integrated Reasoning – assesses students’ ability to interpret results and analyze data provided in a variety of ways.
- Quantitative Reasoning – assesses students’ capacity to understand information and make valid conclusions on logic skills.
- Verbal Reasoning -assesses students’ capacity to comprehend and interpret written information, analyze reasoning, and edit printed text to correspond to typical language.
Eligibility and Requirements in GMAT Exam 2023
In addition, there are no specific GMAT exam eligibility standards provided by GMAC. Hence, GMAC is the corporation that organizes the GMAT, for taking tests. However, after passing the GMAT, students always need some requirements of the university/college they desire to attend. Likewise, a few are below:
Minimum Age Requirements
- First, the candidate must be over the age of 18.
- Second, there is no higher age limit for the applicant.
- Third, if the candidate is between 13 and 17, their parents or legal guardians must provide written approval.
At this point, GMAC has not published an official announcement regarding the GMAT exam 2023 eligibility requirements. Subsequently, candidates for Mba programs should have a graduate degree in any subject. And so forth, GMAC has now permitted candidates to use Aadhar as ID for registration in order to book their slots 6 months in advance.
Make an attempt:
On the other hand, you may take the GMAT exam and GMAT online exam a total of five times in a rolling 12-month period, with a 16-day interval between each try.
The exam you need to qualify for:
In any case, candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized institution.
Range of marks obtained:
Minimum and maximum marks required: By all means, there are no minimum or maximum marks required for the qualifying exam.
Fees for GMAT Exams
The GMAT exam 2023 price is $275, which is an overall INR 22,800. Henceforth, applicants will also be charged extra fees for the GMAT exam 2023 if they want to change the center or reschedule the test. Nevertheless, in the event that candidates fail to appear for the exam will be charged the entire fee for the GMAT exam.
If you want to cancel the GMAT exams within 14 days of the scheduled date, you will be charged a fee for the GMAT exam $200 ( INR 16249.50). Further, you will receive a $50 (INR 4062.38) refund. In the meantime, if you cancel between 15 and 60 days before your appointment, you will be charged $175 (INR 14218.31). Under those circumstances, you will receive a $75 (INR 6093.56) refund. If you cancel your appointment more than 60 days in advance, you will be charged $150 (INR 12187.13). So on, you will receive a refund of $100 (INR 8124.75). Furthermore, within 24 hours of the scheduled test time, the appointment cannot be modified or canceled.
On the other hand, if the GMAT exam 2023 is rescheduled by the student then the candidate must pay US$150 (INR 12187.13). Likewise, 14 days before the GMAT exam date. In addition, if they reschedule the exam 15 to 60 days before the appointment, they must pay the fees for the GMAT exam of US$100 (INR 8124.75). If they reschedule the exam more than 60 days before the test date, they must pay US$50 (INR 4062.38).
Mode of Payment for GMAT Exam Fees 2023
Above all, students can pay the GMAT application cost by following a few simple steps.
- On the other hand, GMAT form fees must be paid solely with debit or credit cards that accept international transactions. Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and JCB are examples of such cards
Further, when paying for GMAT application expenses, keep the following in mind:
- GMAT Exam Fees to be paid by Card
- Only Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and JCB credit cards are accepted.
- Whereas, credit card charges will appear as “VUE*GRAD MGMT TEST” on your bill.
- On the contrary, if the card is declined, an automatic cancellation will be started.
- And then, candidates should arrange another appointment after properly initiating the GMAT exam fees payment.
- Notably, the registration will be revoked if a fraudulent card is used to pay the GMAT form fees.
- Lastly, the GMAC has the right to bar the candidate from taking additional examinations if a student creates a dispute for GMAT 2023 exam fees.
If the student wants to pay the GMAT exam fees through a cheque or by money order, the following considerations must be made:
- Although, the GMAT form payments must be paid in US dollars to Pearson VUE.
- Select the most recent date along with a correct signature.
- The name of the bank and location are already printed on the cheque.
- Therefore, the GMAT application fees should especially be given to Pearson VUE at least 10 days prior to the exam date. Since Pearson VUE will electronically deduct a service charge from the account, and the GMAT date will be canceled due to lack of funds.
Admit Card Gmat Exams 2023
Furthermore, applicants can acquire their GMAT admission card online. Download the admit card and confirmation letters. Further, it is very important as it carries the details such as the test day and place.
In addition, the GMAT admit card provides important instructions that a candidate must follow for the GMAT exam’s predefined norms and regulations. Unlike, on the day of the exam, students should bring their GMAT exam to admit card as well.
GMAT Exam Dates 2023
Although there is no fixed date for Gmat exams 2023, one can select any date according to your choice. In case one needs to retake the GMAT exams one can do so after 16 days. Nevertheless, one can retake the GMAT exam after every 16 days. In fact, one can appear for the exam, five times a year. Even though, candidates are recommended to register themselves two to three months before the exam date. Still, registration can be done online or by phone, as late as 24 hours before the test date. However, early registration has a set schedule to prepare for the GMAT exams accordingly.
GMAT Exam 2023 – Center-Wise GMAT Exam Dates in India
|City||Exam Dates in December 2023|
Retake for GMAT Exam
Henceforth, candidates can now register for a retake of the exam if they are unhappy with their results. However, they can only retake the exam once every year, or once every 12 months.
Candidates must follow the processes outlined below to retake the GMAT exam 2023:
- Go to the GMAT’s official website.
- Select Find Test Date from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Retake GMAT Exam link on the right-hand side.
- Candidates must fill out the application.
GMAT 2023: Test dates for People with Disabilities
Additionally, if a person applying has a disability, they can proceed by registering as a test taker with impairments. Most essential, applicants should not pick a date before GMAC has confirmed their different arrangements.
Rules and regulations at the GMAT test centres
Above all, the health and safety of students and staff is the most essential measurement post covid. Thus, coupled with, a few health and safety precautions that have been implemented at the GMAT exam 2023 centre are as below:
- improved cleanliness
- Total disinfectant
- Sanitisers for the hands.
- In addition to these protective measures, GMAT test takers must wear a face mask within the test centre.
Did you know?
Evidently, India was one of the first five countries to offer the GMAT exams (which was then the ATGSB). others were the U.S., Canada, England, and France.
The next steps in planning your GMAT exams preparation
- In general, the first thing you should do for your GMAT exam 2023 is to make a customized study plan coupled with consistency.
- Meanwhile, keep the conceptual approach clear for every subject/topic depending on your preferences.
- In fact maintaining the proper schedule (for example, you may prefer preparing for Verbal in the morning and for Quant in the evening) is equally important.
- Keep revising the concepts that you have studied earlier is equally important.
- Above all stay happy, eat healthy, and hydrated so that you can maintain your focus.
Best books to read for the Gmat exam 2023
Books on GMAT Study Guides
- GMAT Prep Question Pack 1 – GMAT Paper Tests Set I, II, and III and GMAT Official Guide Verbal Review
- GMAT Prep Exam Pack 2 – GMAT Focus Online Quantitative Diagnostic Tool, set of 3
- The GMAC’s GMAT Official Guide is one of the most trusted resources for candidates.
Equally important is that you can start studying for the exam by reading this book, which contains all of the relevant information. Markedly, the GMAT official guide provides, in addition to an explanation of the test, its organization, format, and time as below :
- Test-taking Techniques for Exam Success
- A thorough preparation consists of approximately 1,150 practice problems drawn from past test papers.
- As much as possible write answers with detailed explanations
- And arrange the questions in order of complexity.
Admission after the GMAT 2023 Exam
Furthermore, candidates can send their exam results to the institute at the time of the exam. Consequently, students are invited for future rounds if they get requisite marks for a certain business school. Subsequently, later after being selected, candidates must pay the entrance fee.
GMAT exam 2023 Overview and Preparation
Every year, around 200,000 people take the GMAT exam with the motto of getting into the business school of their own preference. This exam is It is taken to evaluate specific analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal, and reading skills in English for admission to a graduate management degree program.
What’s more, there are numerous GMAT prep solutions available to help you prepare for the exam. Begin preparing for your GMAT exams 2023 to improve your marks with a GMAT prep course from a series of online institutes available nowadays. A few top 5 centers which offer GMAT preparation classes are as below:
- Henry Harvin
- The Princeton Review
However, with the GMAT prep course from Henry Harvin®, one can get the benefits of outperforming in the GMAT exams 2023. Below are the reasons:
- Ratings 4.9 in 5
- a variety of lessons, 3000+ practice questions, study guides, video lessons, and more.
- Moreover, one can effectively learn skills and strategies to achieve a 740+ score.
- Therefore, at Henry Harvin, your takeaways will be the best guidance and support from our GMAT exam experts with the top percentile.
- Above all, Gmat preparation courses own a 1-Year Gold Membership of Henry Harvin® Study Abroad Academy.
- Learning mode: online to access from any place.
- Course duration: 70+ hours of online sessions
- Fee: approximately INR 85000.
- Maximum placement salary hike: 150%
- Recruiting Partners: 2100+ partners like Paytm, Concentrix, Accenture, and Netflix. etc.
- Contact us/WhatsApp: 9891953953
- Address: Henry Harvin Asia Pacific Head Office, Henry Harvin House, B-12 Sector-6 Noida (UP)- 201301
- Other Henry Harvin centers are Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Noida, etc.
Career Advantages from Henry Harvin
- Get into the best global management universities to study management, marketing management, and other subjects.
- After passing the GMAT with rainbow colors, you can study and work in another country.
- GMAT scores are accepted internationally, as all major graduate schools consider them.
- An opportunity to raise your overall cognitive academic scores
- Quickly test your quantitative abilities with GMAT Mock tests.
- Prepare your SOP so that colleges would approve your application as soon as possible.
- In addition, one can build confidence to debate or speak on public platforms or forums with GMAT training.
The Final Score
Finally, the testing organization releases the official GMAT exam 2023 result three weeks after the exam date. When the GMAT exam 2023 results are available, the candidate will be notified by email. The letter will provide instructions on how to receive the official total GMAT score for 2023.
- Candidates can view the following information in their official GMAT 2023 score.
- The overall score includes the results of all four components, including the analytical writing exam-
- The official GMAT exam 2023 score will contain the GMAT percentile ranking.
- Personal details of the candidate
- Scores from the prior GMAT exam taken during the last five years by the individual.
- Photograph from a digital camera
How to contact GMAC
- +1-703-668-9605 (M-F 8:30 am ET to 5:00 pm ET)
- +1-866-505-6559 (Toll-free in the US & Canada only)
- Email: [email protected]
- Learn more about the courses to study abroad besides the GMAT exams.
- More about the GMAT exam fees waiver by GMAC
- Best Gmat preparation books
The GMAT exams assess students’ critical thinking abilities.
- First, in the analytical writing assessment, individuals write an essay and evaluate facts and information.
- Second, in the integrated reasoning section, answer math problems.
- Third, the quantitative reasoning section displays reading comprehension.
- Finally the editing abilities in the verbal reasoning component.
- Additionally, it is equally important to take care of all the preparation demands, books, eligibility, requirements, and other data listed above. Thus, this increases your chances of passing the GMAT exam 2023 with good marks. As a result, they are the best tools for fixing the crown of your success in attaining your professional pinnacle. On the contrary, every effort will come to an end soon. Altogether, the test versus you, make certain that you succeed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Anyhow, by all means, a vital GMAT exam 2023 score is often between 700 and 740, with an s higher than this outstanding. While, the average GMAT exam 2023 score for top US b – schools is 703, higher than 700. A score of 700 or higher will increase your chances of entry to a top business school.
A2- By all means, the GMAT score recovery charge is $50. But to reinstate a canceled result, log in to your MBA account or contact your region’s customer support. While checking out, individuals must pay the charge using a credit card. If you want to reinstate a cancelled score via phone, you must pay an extra $10.
A3- Henceforth, with the 700+ marks obtained, students miss 15-21 difficult problems and concentrate on the remaining questions. If they are stuck on an issue, they don’t invest too much time in it and proceed with the exam. Likewise, one can skip 15-21 questions in the Quant portion and still achieve well on the GMAT. Hence, to get a better score, work on increasing your strengths and solving more challenging puzzles.
A4 – Within 20 calendar days of the GMAT exam in 2023, the official Score Report will be available. Pearson VUE communicates via email to the candidates once the official scores are available. Candidates can read, download, and print their results.
A5 – First determine your problem areas and improve them. Moreover, attempt to take more mock exams to increase your speed. a solid preparation strategy and effective time management may help to attain a score of 700. Further, this will help you to get admission to a top business school.