The Goods and Service Tax Act came into effect on 1st July, 2017. Previously the indirect tax system was quite complex as there were 17 different types of indirect taxes levied by Central and State/UT Governments. It was a huge burden on taxpayers to adhere to the legal compliance of separate requirements of each type of taxe. A unified tax regime was required to minimize the cascading effect of taxes.
Goods and Service Tax (GST) is implemented on the supply of goods and services. Under this single domestic indirect tax law, every State Government is bound to follow the same rate for a particular product or service. It is easier for Central Government to administer the rate and policies regarding tax system. It reduces the multiplicity of taxes and compliance costs during inter-state and intra-state transactions which in turn lowers the cost of the product for the individuals. With the aim of one nation and one tax system, GST is successful to eliminate the economic barriers across the states creating a common national market.
Most of the time business houses, no matter how big or small, struggle to understand the mechanism of GST. They seek professional help who can manage all the complexities regarding this new tax reform. Henceforth many new opportunities have been created for the candidates related to accounting, finance, or taxation backgrounds. On one hand they help with the advance tax computation, on the other hand, they guide with the activities like GST up-gradation, registration, return filing, refund application, and many other ways. These GST practitioners are trained with all the relevant tools and technologies, which become very helpful for their employer.
Here I am referring top 10 GST courses in Mumbai from which you can select the one fitting your criteria.
1. Henry Harvin Accounts Academy: Best GST Courses In Mumbai
Henry Harvin is one of the most shouted career development institutes in India. Following the vision of Mr. Henry Dunster 400 years ago, this institute is continuously adding value to the education sector through its innovative techniques, skill development, assessment centers, content services, and higher education.
GST course by Henry Harvin Accounts Academy gives a 360-degree information on GST regulation and its functioning. This is a computer-based practical course that gives a detailed analysis of GST law and recent amendments.
The trainers are industry experts who are commonly seen on national media platforms such as Aaj Tak, NDTV etc.
Main highlights of Henry Harvin’s GST course:
- The course duration is 32 hours.
- Both live online and offline sessions are available.
- The course fee is around 12,500/- whereas students can get discounts depending on the conditions.
- Students can access e-learning platforms to enhance their knowledge through videos and assessments.
- Students need to do hands-on projects on GSTR 3B, GSTR 1, GSTR 2A and, more.
- The academy supports students by internship assistance preparing them for the future.
- Get complete placement support for 1 year.
- Bootcamps Sessions are organized on regular basis.
- You can access Henry Harvin hackathon to strengthen your concepts.
- When you register with Henry Harvin’s account academy, you become eligible for 1-year Gold membership.
Benefits of this course:
- You will earn a GST practitioner certificate which is recognized by Govt. of India.
- You will get complete job support from Henry Harvin through regular notification about job openings.
- Mock interviews are held to prepare the candidates. Get support for soft skill development and Resume writing.
- You will get recorded videos of the session for further use.
2. The Institute of Cost Accountants of India: Top GST Practitioner Courses In Mumbai
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICoAI) is an autonomous body in the field of accounting, business, and management education. This institute was established in the year 1959 to regulate the profession of cost and management accountancy. Since then this institute has been continuously contributing to economic and industrial growth by producing cost and management professionals.
This institute has regional councils in four major cities in India- Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, and Delhi and branches in other places as well. They have offices in abroad and it indicates their global presence.
Following are a few details about the GST courses provided by this institute:
Certificate Course on GST:
- This is an online 72 hours session.
- Professionals like CS, CA, MBA, M.Com, Lawyers, Cost and Management Accountants, Tax Practitioners, and students of Certified Management Accountants are eligible for this course.
- The fee of the course is approximately 10,000/- and 1000/- for the Exam.
- This course provides in-depth knowledge on the constitutional background of GST, concepts of GST, the applicability of TDS and TCS, filing of the return, valuation rule, annual return, and assessment etc.
Advanced Certificate Course on GST:
- This course is 40 hours online session.
- This course costs approximately 14,000/- with an exam fee Rs. 1,000/-.
- The course includes the topics taxable event, type of supply, valuation rule, analysis of TDS and TCS, analysis of Annual return & assessment, analytical approach of registration, invoice, e-way bill, demands, adjudication and appeal, penalties and prosecutions, and many more.
Crash Course on GST for College and University:
- This is a 32 hours classroom course.
- Any B.Com and M.Com students can pursue this course.
- This course costs around 1,000/- with Rs. 200/- exam fee.
- This course includes concepts of GST, classification, taxable event, registration procedure, reverse charge mechanism, e-way bill, concepts of GST return and annual return etc.
Advanced Course on Income Tax Assessment and Appeal:
- This is an online course duration of 30 hours.
- Professionals like CS, CA, MBA, M.Com, Lawyers, and tax practitioners are eligible for this course.
- This course costs 12,000/- including the exam fee.
- This course gives a detailed idea of filing of Return of Income, assessment of e-notices, procedures of filing of e-response, appeals etc.
The benefit of GST course provided by ICoAI:
- All the study materials will be provided by the institute. Mock tests are also available for practice. Many case studies on the real-life scenario are discussed to get practical knowledge.
- All the faculties are industry experienced.
- Students will be benefitted from live doubt clearing sessions.
- Students will get access to the E-learning portal and e-library.
- Career awareness programs, seminars, and workshops are organized.
- This institute has partnered with many reputed companies. After successful completion of the course, these companies hire directly from the campus.
3. National Institute of Financial Markets: Best institute For GST course in Mumbai
National Institute of Financial Markets is one of the best institutes in the field of the financial market, stock market, and accounting tax sector. They are the pioneer in introducing job-oriented vocational training courses from basic to advanced levels. They believe that quality education is the foundation of a bright and fulfilling career.
Certified GST Professional Course:
This course is a complete guidebook of all the practical aspects of Goods and Service Tax. You will get complete knowledge on implementation, compliance, and enforcement of GST law with practical experience in software.
Key highlights of this course:
- This course covers all the important aspects of GST such as registration, GST returns, GST E-filling, reverse charges, and accounting and recording tools of GST transactions.
- Detailed analysis of concepts of GST laws and their application and their impact on the functioning of organizations.
- The course structure primarily consists of practical training supported by theories.
- The students will be competent with GST software.
- This is a 2 months course that costs approximately 25,000/-.
- Anyone from any background can apply for this course. Many professionals enroll themselves in this course to upgrade themselves.
- A good infrastructure with all the modern amenities.
- Training under 10+ year experienced faculties.
- Weekend classes are also available.
Benefits of this course:
- After successful completion of this course, you will get Professional GST Certification from NIFM.
- 100% placement assistance with personality development training.
- Along with all the necessary accounting tools, you will also gain technical knowledge, interpersonal skills, and professional insights.
4. The Institute of Company Secretaries of India: top institute For GST certification course in Mumbai
To develop and manage the profession of Company Secretaries of India, the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) started functioning in 1980 under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India.
The GST course offered by ICSI is very effective in terms of acquiring knowledge about the GST regime and its practical application in the work area.
Key highlights of this course:
- The classes are held online through the ICSI LMS portal.
- Live Webinars are organized in regular intervals. Recorded versions and PPTs are also available for further reference.
- The total course duration is approximately 15-20 hours which is split into 2 hours classes once a week.
- To pursue this course one should be a member of ICSI or a student of the ICSI Executive program.
- This course costs approximately Rs. 7,500/-.
- The whole curriculum consists of 10 sessions covering the topics like the evolution of GST from the old indirect tax regime, terminologies under GST, the role of GST practitioner, registration process, returns, GST audit, GST refund, preparation of tax invoice, and many more.
The benefit of this course:
- After successful completion of the course, you will get the certificate from ICSI.
- This institute supports its students with a unique placement portal through which you can search for relevant jobs. They provide training for interviews also if required.
- The automatic resume maker is quite useful for job seekers.
- After completion of this course, you will be eligible for international jobs too.
This institute has offices in four major cities in India- New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, and Mumbai with 72 chapters all over India. All the major decisions are taken by the Delhi office as it is the headquarters of this premier institute.
With the vision of social-economic growth, this institute is continuously delivering high-quality education and an increased number of enrollments are the testimonial of their claim.
5. GST & Indirect Taxes Committee: Best Institute For GST course in Mumbai
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India was founded in 1949 to regulate the profession of Chartered accountants. Since then this institute has qualified as a premier institute in the field of accounting and auditing by delivering value education and setting up ethical standards. This is the reason that ICAI is considered the second largest accounting institute globally.
They provide Certificate courses on GST in both online and classroom modes. The virtual course divides into 12 days sessions and the classroom course is accomplished within 10 days.
Key features of this course:
- The members of ICAI, namely chartered accountants are eligible for this course.
- For the major cities like Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Jaipur this course costs 14,000/- and for other cities, this fee comes down to 12,600/-.
- The lectures are delivered by practicing Chartered Accountants, advocates, academicians, and experts of indirect taxes.
- The members will be awarded by certificate after successful completion of the course.
Benefits of this course:
- The analytical approach of this course enhances in-depth knowledge of the subject matter. The problem-solving skills and technical knowledge help professionals to lead their organization in the right direction.
- The curriculum is designed in such a way that members will have an understanding of the global service market.
- Seminars, workshops, and awareness programs are organized to upgrade the members about GST acts, rules, and rate revisions.
6. Cleartax: Best GST Certification in Mumbai
Cleartax is a cloud-based technology platform through which taxpayers can file tax returns and enterprises can register their GST returns. To simplify finances, Cleartax offers a complete monetary solution through their trusted, useful, and insightful platform to their clients.
Cleartax offers a GST training session to clear all doubts on GST filling and billing. This course is best suitable for legal consultants, indirect taxation consultants, ICWA, CAs, and CSs.
The e-learning certificate course covers all the practical aspects of E-way bills, the process of filing GSTR-1 and GSTR-4, creating invoices, online payment of taxes, and many more. This course also provides tips to handle errors and mismatches while return filing.
The training is conducted by market experts, generally CA’s and GST experts. You can access your training in both the languages- Hindi and English. This course will help you to learn both GST billing and filing software.
7. Initiative Institute of Professional Training and Research ; top institute For GST course in Mumbai
Initiative Institute of Professional Training and Research (IIPTR) is a leading professional institute in Mumbai in the field of Finance and Revenue Management. Their advanced diploma certificate program in GST will accelerate your career in Tax and Finance industry. The course structure is designed according to industry requirements and takes into consideration the volatile nature of the financial market. Apart from this course, they provide Govt GST practitioner Pro and GST practitioner course
Key features of the course:
- Students can opt for any training methodology- classroom training or online training.
- Get a facility of a fully integrated art learning management system.
- The hands-on experience and practical implementation of theoretical knowledge help students to perform well in challenging situations.
- The learning material is simple yet comprehensive which enhances the analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The hands-on training on GST software is an additional benefit of this course.
- The curriculum highlights legal aspects of GST law, different compliances required under the law, up-to-date knowledge on the latest developments and changes of GST etc.
- Most of the faculties have 15+ years of experience in the relevant industry.
- The course duration is 3 months.
- Earn an industry-recognized certificate after completion of the course.
Benefits of this course:
- Doubt clearing sessions are available.
- Your knowledge will be empowered by practical implementation, project work, and self-assessment.
- The acquired skills in this course will boost your self-confidence.
8. ITAA, Mumbai ; GST Certification Course in Mumbai
ITAA started its journey in 2016 to provide quality education in the field of taxation and accounting. Despite having immense talent, many candidates failed to acquire dream jobs due to a lack of skills. Their primary focus is to train their students in industry-standard tools to become masters of the trade. Their training program will incorporate business strategies in the students with the help of the latest technologies and expose them to new career opportunities.
Their Tax Pro Advanced Certification Program provides in-depth knowledge on Taxation, GST, Finalization, and MIS. This practical and intensive coaching will help you to learn best practices in the industry followed by a leap in your career.
Salient features of this course:
- The course duration is 40 hours.
- This course is applicable for commerce graduates, entrepreneurs, and working professionals.
- This course is delivered through both classroom and online.
- The classrooms are designed creatively which inspires students to work in a team and engage easily.
- Trainers are highly experienced in relevant fields. They will update students with the most demanding concepts and that will strengthen their skills and tools.
- Students will work on live projects that will develop practical experience and improve their decision-making skills.
- The curriculum includes 7 modules- Individual Tax, Tax deducted at Source (TDS), Goods and Service Tax (GST), Finalization of Accounts, MIS Report Preparation, and Other Statutory Laws.
Benefits of this course:
- Students will be rewarded with a Certification in Advanced Accounting from ITAA which is widely accepted by all the major companies.
- ITAA has collaboration with more than 450 companies that directly hire the most suitable candidates from the campus.
With the vision of adding excellence in the education sector, ITAA is continuously taking new initiatives to keep you at the forefront of your career.
9. Tax4Wealth ; Top Institute For GST Certification course in Mumbai
Tax4Wealth is a content-creating company that provides information related to income tax and wealth management. These videos are created based on user feedback. As most of the members of this company are highly qualified and have expertise in related subjects, the model videos give useful tips to their viewers on saving and wealth management.
Tax4Wealth offers various GST courses at a very affordable price. The name of few courses is- Mega GST certification course, GST: Revocation of cancellation of registration of GST, E-commerce and OIDAR Services under GST, SEZ and its refund under GST.
The main highlights of this course:
- The duration of a course is approximately 3 months.
- The course is conducted online.
- As the study material will be with you once purchased, so you can complete the course at your pace of time.
- The detailed course structure will help students with a better understanding.
- The faculties are highly qualified CAs and renowned speakers in the field of GST.
- Course fee is reasonable as compared to other courses available in the market.
The benefit of this course:
Students gain in-depth knowledge and learn its application in real life. This in turn helps them to establish their career as a GST practitioner or professionals. You can join an online community to clear all your doubts and stay connected with your peers.
After completion of the course, you will earn a certificate.
10. EDUCBA : Best GST Practitioner Course in India
EDUCBA is an online learning platform that offers almost 5000+ video courses. EDUCBA (also known as Corporate Bridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd) is an initiative taken by IIT IIM graduates.
Job-oriented training programs are very useful to develop real-world skills among professionals to accelerate their careers. The training is conducted through online videos.
This GST course consists of all 10 courses bundled together namely GST concepts, the scope of supply, goods and services charge ability, composition scheme, reverse change mechanism, taxable person and registration, input tax credit, and others.
It includes 21+ hours of videos. Case studies and hands-on experiences with the help of numerical examples build a strong foundation for your career. Anyone can learn this course, although knowledge about taxation and accounting will be an advantage to understand the concepts.
You will get a certificate after successful completion of the course.
Being the Financial capital of India, Mumbai is the center of trade and commerce. Mumbai itself contributes 25% of total industrial production and 70% of India’s economy’s capital transactions. Various Indian and Multinational companies have their corporate headquarters in Mumbai. Because of its geographical location on the west coast, this place is successful to attract global financial traffic which inevitably transformed this place into one of the world’s top ten business centers. Mumbai is the home of various financial institutions and that’s why you will get various opportunities to excel your knowledge in business analytics, taxation, audit, and other finance and accounting courses.
As GST is a completely new law there persists confusion among business owners and individuals. Many business owners and individuals face difficulties while filing the GST and maintaining it accordingly. Moreover, new amendments every quarter intensify this act. So it is clear that there is a huge need for GST professionals and practitioners. Hence a GST Certification Course will add a new dimension to your portfolio. This certification course will highlight all the important aspects of the GST act and students will also learn to apply that knowledge in real-life scenarios.
Therefore, if you are an accountant or finance professional, then it will be wise to undertake this course to accelerate your career path. You can pick up any of the above-mentioned courses that will be best suitable for you.
Q1. What is GST certificate course?
GST certificate course aims to provide elaborate idea in the area of Goods and Service Taxes. GST is the latest reform in indirect taxes and to understand it acutely professionals can opt for GST certification course that will enrich their career remarkably.
To become a certified GST practitioner you need to register yourself in the Government GST portal. After enrollment, you have to pass the GSTP examination within two years of enrollment.
An Account manager in GST practitioner earns in average between INR 4.9 – 6.4 lakh per annum.
Any graduates or postgraduates from finance or account backgrounds, Chartered accountants, Certified Management Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Law professionals can pursue a GST certification course.
You can file GST online through the Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTN) app which fills each GSTR form automatically.